Level 2 ADFIAP Career Credentialing Program (ACCP)
Nov 21-Dec 2, 2011 * Manila, Philippines
This two-week program is the specialization portion for Level 2 and intended for candidates who have attended the Core Development Banking Program (Level 1). However, participants who are not candidates to the credentialing program can also attend the course on stand-alone basis. This course is relevant for participants from development banks and other development financing institutions as well as officials from commercial banks with development finance portfolio.
The general objective of the course is to enhance the managerial and technical capabilities of management level personnel with focus on development banking. In particular the course is designed to equip participants with the understanding of corporate banking management including corporate finance, marketing management, good governance, and people management. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to recognize the vital responsibilities of a manager and conceptualize an effective organization.
It consists of two groups of training modules, namely:
Module Group 1: General Management and Management of People; and
Module Group 2: Bank Operation Management and Financial Management.
The first group of modules include, but not limited to, the training modules on: strategic management, management of people, and systematic managerial analysis. The second group of modules include: financial management system, treasury and risk management, credit analysis for long-term investment projects, loan management, and performance management.
Composed of a select group from ADFIAP’s pool of management experts from around the Asia-Pacific region as well as from the Office of International Studies and Programs of the University of Illinois, USA. Asia-Pacific Institute of Development Finance (IDF) is the professional and career service training center of the Association of Develop- ment Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP). It is backed by over 35 years of experience and expertise in organizing training programs, seminars, and conferences around the world through the Association, its members, and international partner.
a) Experience in Banking: A candidate must have at least 5 years of banking experience.
b) Minimum Educational Requirement: A candidate must have at least a University Degree in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Banking and Finance or allied fields; or a Masters Degree or Post Graduate qualification in allied fields. A Masters Degree will entitle the candidate one year of relief in required years of experience. A Doctorate Degree entitles the candidate two years of relief in required years of experience.
c) Pre-requisite Program: A candidate must have completed Level 1 by attending the Core Development Banking Program (CoreDev), consisting of the following modules:
i) Development Banking Principles & Practices;
ii) Financial & Economic Appraisal of Investment Projects
d) Other requirements:
• In case the candidate has attended the pre-requisite program at other institutions or universities or banks, they will be allowed credits for the program provided the course outline meets the standards covered by the IDF and provided the IDF recognizes the credibility of the institution or agency which issued the certificate.
• The IDF has the right to change the compulsory programs and/ or modules in order to improve the curriculum and to raise the level of the participating candidates.
• Depending on the need, the IDF will be offering each program in modules or the full program to accommodate candidates who may seek the level certificate in one attempt.
• The credentials will be recognized in ADFIAP member- countries.
• Proficiency in English language will be considered an essential requirement. If the case warrants, the IDF will require as proof of English proficiency the TOEFL or equivalent exam results. In lieu of this, the IDF may conduct its own test of English language program to determine the desired level of proficiency in English.
After satisfactorily completing all the requirements of this two-week program, the participants will be given the credential of Affiliate in Development Bank Management (ADBM)